Projects can take from one to three weeks to be performed properly on any many leather restoration projects. It depends upon the condition of the leather and how the leather accepts repair and restoration. Leather restoration is both an art and a science. Therefore, no two pieces of leather are identical. Because of this, and since it is our goal to only to restore the beauty of the leather, but also to maintain its “hand” or feel, its vitality, and its durability, we are limited in the amount of repair or restoration that can be performed to any given leather piece per day.
Drying, curing, color absorption, and the absorption of moisture are all elements that cannot be forced. They can also not be expedited during the leather restoration process. There are necessary and proprietary steps that must be undertaken by our professionals. These steps are taken in between each course of treatment to ensure the best possible result.
- The removal of ink from either aniline or nubuck leather, or from pigmented or semi-aniline leather after 48 to 72 hours
- Pet scratch removal
- The correction of faded nubuck, aniline, semi-aniline, or pigmented color
- The correction of lost or peeling color ( ALL of the failing color must be removed before the color system can be re-applied)
- Addressing spots and stains (although virtually ALL spots are permanent stains on certain leather types) on aniline and nubuck leather
- Spot color correction
- Large wound repair
- Replacement of damaged leather panels
- Seam repair (most seam repair will require machine-stitching of the entire length of seam for the best and most lasting repair)
- Partial or full restoration of the leather and color, or full color changes
Why buy new when we can restore your leather at a fraction of the cost? Call us today to find out if Platinum Care Leather Restoration’s leather repair & restoration are for you. (973) 927-8349